This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Are you a sports or music fan? If so, American Airlines has launched a new partnership that can score you miles for your next trip.
American is partnering with Vivid Seats, a company that sells tickets across music, sports, and performing arts events. AAdvantage members will have the opportunity to earn at least 3x miles per dollar spent (excluding taxes, fees and insurance products) on live event tickets purchased through a new ticket marketplace at american.vividseats.com.
Customers can buy tickets by navigating directly to american.vividseats.com, or by visiting aa.com and clicking AAdvantage. Note that AAdvantage miles earned through this promotion/offer do not count toward elite status qualification or AAdvantage Million Miler status, unless specified.
TPG values AAdvantage miles at 1.4 cents each. AAdvantage miles are easy to earn, as you can earn them by flying, partners such as AAdvantage eShopping mall and AAdvantage Dining and through cobranded credit cards.
If you’re looking to earn more AAdvantage miles, Citi and Barclays currently issue American Airlines credit cards, giving you several different options.
Currently, Citi offers four AAdvantage cards:
- Citi® / AAdvantage® Executive World Elite™ Mastercard®: Earn 50,000 bonus miles after spending $5,000 on purchases within the first three months of account opening. Earn 2x AAdvantage miles on American Airlines purchases and 1 mile elsewhere. ($450 annual fee)
- Citi® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World Elite™ Mastercard®: Earn 50,000 American AAdvantage miles after spending $2,500 on purchases in the first three months of account opening. Earn 2x AAdvantage miles on gas stations, restaurants and American Airlines purchases and 1 mile elsewhere. ($99 annual fee, waived for the first year)
- CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World Mastercard®: Earn 70,000 American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles after spending $4,000 in purchases within the first 4 months of account opening. ($99 annual fee, waived for the first year)
- American Airlines AAdvantage MileUp℠ Card: Earn 10,000 bonus miles and a $50 statement credit after spending $500 on purchases within the first three months of account opening. Earn 2x AAdvantage miles on grocery store and American Airlines purchases and 1 mile elsewhere. (No annual fee)
The information for the Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Barclaycard offers two American AAdvantage cobranded credit cards. While the bonus categories are not as good as those on the Citi cards, you only need to make a purchase and pay the annual fee to earn the sign-up bonus. Here are the two cards by Barclays currently open to new applicants:
- Barclaycard AAdvantage® Aviator® Red World Elite Mastercard®: Earn 60,000 AAdvantage® bonus miles after making your first purchase in the first 90 days and paying the $99 annual fee. Earn 2x AAdvantage miles on American Airlines purchases, and 1 mile elsewhere. Offer ends Oct. 31, 2019.
- Barclaycard AAdvantage® Aviator® Business Mastercard®: Earn 50,000 miles after spending $1,000 in the first 90 days and earn another 10,000 miles when a purchase is made on an employee card. Earn 2x AAdvantage miles on office supply, telecom, car rental and American Airlines purchases, and 1 mile elsewhere. ($95 annual fee)
Featured photo courtesy of Kevin Song/The Points Guy
Sign up for our daily newsletter
Victoria M. Walker
covers points and miles at TPG. She previously taught multimedia journalism at Howard University and was the breaking news video editor at The Washington Post.
Editorial Disclaimer: Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Disclaimer: The responses below are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser’s responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.
You might like
2018 TPG Award Winner: Mid-Tier Card of the Year
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG’S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
More Things to Know
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That’s $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
Intro APR on Purchases
17.99% – 24.99% Variable
Balance Transfer Fee
Either $5 or 5% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater.
Many of the credit card offers that appear on the website are from credit card companies from which ThePointsGuy.com receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). This site does not include all credit card companies or all available credit card offers. Please view our advertising policy page for more information.
Editorial Note: Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.